A Letter to Jia He's current family and their response
We sent a Letter to Jia He's orphanage. Here is our letter and their response.
Please Keep Jia He and his foster family in your thoughts and prayers as the transition into our family may be difficult for him.
Our Letter is written black the response is written in blue ink.
Dear Director and Staff,
We are preparing to come to China to meet dear Xin Jia He. We are told we will meet him on January 28,2008. I will be traveling with my mom and my daughter Anna. As we are preparing I thought I better write you to ask a few questions that might help us help Xin Jia He transition from his Hanzhong family to our family.
These questions are not in any specific order but just what come to my head as I am writing this note.
1) What name is Xin Jia He called by his house mama, teachers and other caregivers? Xin Jia He
2) What is Jia He’s house mama’s name? Ms. P
3) What types of foods does Xin Jia He like to eat? Oily foods, but he is not really picky , he liked most things
4) Is Xin Jia He drinking from a particular type of bottle/cup? Would it be possible to send the type of cup/bottle he drinks from with him when we met him? He drinks out of just a normal bottle and yes we can send it with him
5) What types of toys does Xin Jia He like? Toys that make noise, he loves the rattle you sent him,
6) What comfort’s Xin Jia He when he is sad? Mama will hug him and give him a toy at the same time, if you just give him a toy and don’t hug him he will throw the toy on the ground
7) Can you describe Xin Jia He’s personality? Isn’t very smiley if you just let him play by himself, but if you rub his tummy and play with him he will smile.
8) Are their any foods that Xin Jia He does not tolerated well? He doesn’t like the wood ear mushrooms, you will know if he doesn’t like something because he will just spit it out every time you put it in his mouth.
9) Has he had any injuries, illnesses or infections that should be stated in his medical record? A Medical report will be sent with him and will answer questions 9,12,13,14
10) Were there any complications with Jia He’s lip repair? No
11) How was Jia He’s cleft surgery funded? A government project that pays for orphans surgeries which started in 2006
12) Has Jia He ever taken an antibiotic? If yes what type?
13) Any food allergies?
14) Any drug allergies?
15) Does Jia He have any favorite children’s songs? A number song and it say yi (one) er (two) yi (one) .
16) Any favorite stories he likes to have read to him? No
17) Can you share with me the names of his brothers and sisters in his home? G, N,L and M
18) Can you share with me the names of his close friends? Gets on well with N& M
19) Can you share with me any funny/cute stories about Jia He? Mama couldn’t remember anything particular at the moment, but she wanted to share with you this. When Xin Jia He first moved into her house, he would not really care what the Mama was doing and wouldn’t pay attention to her, but the more the Mama loved him and played with him, the more he would want to go and play with her. The Mama told me what she thinks it would be helpful to know that maybe he won’t respond a lot and smile at you at first, but if you keep on giving him attention etc he will trust you and respond to you. So be encouraged.
I would greatly appreciate any comments that might help us as we help Jia He make the transition into our family.
We are so grateful for all you are doing to care for Xin Jia He and all the children. We think of you daily. I can not imagine how the house mamas, teachers and staff must feel as they entrust us with the care of the children. Please let everyone know that we will help Jia He remember you as his first family.
Jia He's Family
PS Please let me know if you have any particular items that we can bring for the orphanage. We hope to be able to visit you when we come.
We always need plastic pants, if it is possible to bring.
Thanks for all your thoughts.
Labels: Letter to orphanage